What is Voice Search Engine Optimization (VSEO)?
We are used to typing in keywords when using online search engines, but now there is a new type of search gaining in popularity- voice search.
Voice search engine optimization or VSEO is revolutionizing the way online users interact with search engines. And, where online users go, businesses must also go in order to stay relevant in the digital landscape of 2023.
In this blog post, we'll explore what VSEO is and how to use it effectively to optimize your content for voice search.
So, What Exactly is VSEO?
VSEO is the process of optimizing digital content to cater to voice-activated searches conducted through voice-activated devices or virtual assistants like Amazon Echo, Google Home, Siri, or Cortana.
Voice search queries differ significantly from traditional typed searches as they tend to be more conversational, longer, and often in the form of questions.
This type of search is changing how users access information online. In fact, it’s estimated that in 2023, over 50% of all online searches will be conducted through voice!
That is a legitimate stat that businesses need to consider, making it a priority for them to adapt their content strategies to meet the demands of voice search users.
How Can VSEO be Used Effectively for Marketing?
1. Use it to Understand Intent: Voice search queries are often more conversational and context-based. Conduct thorough keyword research to identify long-tail keywords and phrases that reflect natural language queries. Anticipate and understand the intent behind user searches to create content that provides valuable, relevant answers.
2. Optimize for Featured Snippets: Virtual assistants often read out featured snippets as answers to voice queries. Structure your content in a way that provides concise, direct answers to commonly asked questions. Aim to be the featured snippet that provides the most relevant response.
3. Focus on Local SEO: Many voice searches are location-based, with users seeking nearby services or businesses. Ensure your website is optimized for local SEO by including location-specific keywords and creating Google My Business listings.
4. Make Your Content Mobile-Friendly: Voice searches are predominantly conducted on mobile devices. Optimize your website for mobile responsiveness to enhance user experience and ensure easy access to your content.
5. Keep Your Tone Natural and Conversational: Tailor your content to match the conversational tone of voice searches. Use natural language and answer questions concisely. Incorporate phrases like "how to," "where to," and "near me" in your content.