The Best Types of Content That Will Drive Traffic on Your Website
Content marketing is an essential to help target your audience and drive traffic to your website. If you’re just getting into it and want to keep it low budget, it’s as simple as starting with a blog and cranking out a couple of posts each month.
But you don’t have to stick with a blog (and if you’re running a business, blogs can be time-consuming).
The good news is that there are plenty of fresh content ideas to add to your content marketing strategy that will boost SEO, increase followers, and result in a higher conversion rate.
Here are 4 types of content that can help you get more traffic.
You don't have to splurge on fancy new camera equipment and editing software that you don’t have a clue how to use. Your Iphone and a Youtube account will suffice to get started.
Top video tips for beginners:
- Focus on the script first, you want the words to embody your brand’s personality while communicating the objective.
- Don’t know what to make a video about? Start with an explainer video. This can be anything from an office tour to even a music video.
- Post the video on YouTube AND Vimeo, as both platforms are handy for social reach and engagement.
- Keep it short or viewers will lose interest. Two to three minutes is a good range.
2. Product reviews
Studies show that 63% of consumers use search engines to find product reviews. By writing detailed, well-researched and honest review articles, you not only boost traffic but gain authority in your industry. You can write reviews about anything, from services to products and software.
Here’s a simple article outline to follow:
- Start with an introduction
- Give an overview of the product
- Break down the main features into paragraphs with detailed analysis
- Share your experience & opinion
- Close with a conclusion and your final recommendation
- Call to action
We all know memes...the key takeaway here is that they’re funny and laid back...people love funny and laid back.
Here’s how to use them correctly…
- You don’t need to be a master graphic designer to make a meme. Utilize easy meme creators like Meme Generator.
- Memes aren’t as effective on blogs as they are on social media channels, so save them for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and Tumblr.
- Memes are meant for that occasional “just because” post. They’re low value, so don’t overuse them or else they’ll take away from the seriousness of your products or services.
This is a powerful type of content that should be utilized in your content marketing strategy. Studies show that infographics are liked and shared up to 3 times more than any other type of content. Can you say viral?!
Here’s how to make them work…
- Infographics bring information, data, and statistics visual appeal.
- You have to produce a high quality, creative infographic to get attention (because everyone’s making them these days). In order to stand out, it’s best to partner with a graphic designer who can make it for you. It is going to cost you a cool $1,000...but this type of content gets results.