How to Choose the Perfect Domain Name for Your Business Website
Choosing a domain is trickier than you may think. Sure, it’s only a few words or the name of your business, but the hard part is, what exactly fits? And what if your dream domain name is already taken?
When you are designing a website for your business, you want to choose a domain that promotes your brand and is easy for consumers to remember. In this post, we’ll give you 10 hot tips to help you come up with something unique and clever.
1. Avoid slang: You want the address to be easy to type. Using abbreviations, such as “u” instead of “you” can be confusing for some consumers that aren’t familiar with slang.
2. Keep it short: Following up on our first tip, make the address easy to type by keeping it short and sweet. How many times have you become frustrated from making mistakes while typing a long address and having to refresh the browser again and again? This might prompt consumers to get off your site completely.
3. Be SEO smart: Integrating a popular keyword into your domain name can help boost your website rankings and match with what consumers are typing into the search engines. For example, if you have a web design company in Jacksonville, you could go with something like: 904webdesign.com.
4. Letters only: Don’t use numbers or hyphens, as this only creates confusion.
5. Research: So, you’ve come up with the perfect domain name. Before you get excited, check that it hasn’t been taken. Remember, you’re not the only one trying to come up with the best domain! Make a list of multiple names so you have backups, then research all of them.
6. Don’t dilly dally: Domain names go quickly, so securing your perfect name is something you don’t want to play around with. Luckily, it’s relatively inexpensive to purchase one, so bite the bullet and get it done fast, or else you’re back at square one.