3 SEO Keyword Strategies to Follow in 2021
In 2021, keywords are more relevant than ever for optimal SEO optimization on your website. What’s important to know is that Google algorithms are always changing over time, which means the challenging part is keeping up and changing your keyword strategy to get ranked on search results.
With that being said, if you’re still keyword stuffing...it’s definitely time for an upgrade. Here are 3 helpful tips to improve your keyword game for modern times.
1. The types of keywords you should be using
Keywords are the words or phrases used in your content that relate to your brand. They are the words that consumers will type into the search bar to find the services and products they’re looking for.
You’ll want to create a list of keywords and include the following types:
- Short-tail: These are 3 words or less; generic
- Long-tail: Longer phrases that are more specific, targeting the exact services you offer.
- Fresh: These keywords revolve around an explosive word or topic..but they lose relevance fast (like a trend) so you’ll need to monitor effectiveness and switch it up.
- Evergreen: These keywords are all-around words and phrases that will always be searched for. Therefore, you can count on using them for a few years.
2. Understand what consumers really want
This is called keyword intent, and it will help you choose the best keywords to successfully target your audience.
High intent means that this type of consumer is looking to make an immediate purchase. Words like purchase, deals, and shipping are good examples of high intent words to include.
Informational intent is for a consumer still researching a topic or product. They may not be ready to buy, but you can get your product/service bookmarked for when they are ready in the future.
Transactional intent consumers are sort of in the middle. These guys are doing research online by comparing products and scouring reviews.
Navigation intent is for consumers who already know the brand they want, but your job is to make the journey to get there as fast and seamless as possible so they don’t lose interest.
3. Utilize keyword research tools
You don’t have to sit there tapping a pencil against your temple as you try to come up with a keyword list. There are plenty of free and affordable online keyword tools that make it easy.
Here are some of our favorites:
- Google Keyword Planner